Saturday 29 September 2007

Kim


Just thought I'd show you where I am with kim so far.

This is Kim from the first Rowan studio. If you look at my Ravelry page (or just google 'Kim' by Sarah Hatton) you'll see the finished knit. Essentially, it's a ribbed and cabled boob tube.

At first, this pattern stumped me because it was so badly written. You had to increase stitches whilst casting on and with instructions such as this: Row 1 (WS) K2 [0:1], (P1, inc purlwise in next st P1, K2 P2* to last 11 sts, K2 P2, inc purlwise into next st P1) 0 [0:1] times... only to find that there are TWO Row 1s and it was enough for me to leave the pattern and yarn in my knitting bag for the next five months!

But the weather draws cold, and one needs warmth without bulk, and this is the ticket. It will also look good over a simple T-shirt or top. I can't wear felted tweed against my skin, more the pity. It would be a cool top for the summer.

So, details, no?

Pattern: Kim by Sarah Hatton Rowan Studio 1
Yarn: Rowan felted tweed x3 skiens in pine (a deep mossy green, not so blue/spruce as in the top left photo).
Needles: 3.75mm + 1 cable needle
Size: small - it's best that you knit this with negative ease, just so that the tube stays up.

1 comment:

JayJay said...

Ugh, what a pain to be trying to follow such an awful pattern! The finished product is really cute, however, so I hope you are able to figure it out. A couple years back Interweave Knits had a similar pattern that I wanted to make, but I never bought the old issue.