Friday 12 October 2007

With me, you get feast or famine.

At last! Kim is done! Just a selection of poses I'm doing with my camera. Now that Kim's done, the day is balmy, almost tropical (despite the cloud cover, but then again, we have cloud cover in the tropics too). I do like the finished article! I think the best thing that works with this piece is proportion. If you must wear this boob tube, try to wear it with a volumious shirt, or something floaty. Also, try for long sleeves, and a T-shirt that is long in torso as well. You want this to have the effect of a cinched waist, or else you'll be sorry. So, I bring you four poses. This is how I'm going to wear my Kim: Cabled boob tube - over my hoodie (which is a lightly woven cotton). This top also works with negative ease. Although the finished size is 32.5inches (42.4cm) and my boob size is 35 inches, the negative ease makes the top stay up. I think I could have taken in the waist a bit more.




Enjoy the view!

Details:

Pattern: Kim by Sarah Hatton, from Rowan Studio 1
Needles: 3.25mm and 3.75mm straight bamboo needles + 1 cable needle.
Yarn: x3 balls of Rowan felted tweed in Pine
Time taken: officially? Six months in terms of someone casting on for me. Really? About 4 weeks.
Modifications: None. I am a lemming.
If I knew then, what I know now?: I'd have done it in the round, even though I don't have a 3.25mm circular needle. I probably would have gone down to 3mm.
Gripes: Pattern was awkward at the beginning. Once you get over that hump, it's all good.
Advice for anyone?: If you can, do it in the round. The seaming is important in terms of making sure the sides match. But ignore the palaver and do it in the round. I'd have done it on 4mm needles, since my gauge on knitpicks circulars tends to be a bit tighter.
Next on needles?: Nothing too demanding. Alas, I'm still suffering under the slings and slurs of unemployment, and that needs to change. I need to start contributing to craftser and ravelry, so I need a job, STAT! Will finish that hat.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JayJay said...

Wow, very pretty! I love the cables and the heathery green color. I would consider making a tube myself, but I don't think it would work with a pregnant belly. Oh well, maybe next year!